It’s hard to believe, but 2019 is here! Fortunately, there are lots of activities to jump start your new year. Check out some of our favorites.
- ICE SKATING ON THE PLAZA – Whole Foods Market – January 1 – January 21, 2019
- Located at 525 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703. Check the website for hours and availability. Cost is $10, including skates!
- AUSTIN FREE WEEK – January 1 – January 8, 2019
- Happening at various locations, come enjoy free live music! Hundreds of bands are participating. You can check out the schedule at http://freeweek.do512.com/.
- THE SWOON EVENT – Springdale Station – January 19, 2019
- Planning a wedding? This event is for you! This event brings local vendors and businesses all in one place for couples planning a wedding to gain ideas and inspiration. Visit http://www.theswoonevent.com/ for more information.
- MARTIN LUTHER KING MARCH, FESTIVAL AND FOOD DRIVE – The University of Texas – January 21, 2019
- Come join the Annual Community March and celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King. The event starts at the MLS statue at the University of Texas and ends at Huston-Tillotson University. The celebration continues with live music and vendors! You can also bring canned goods to donate to the Capitol Area Food Bank.
- PRINT AUSTIN – January 15, 2019 – February 15, 2019
- Happening at various locations throughout Austin, the Austin visual arts community comes together in this annual event to showcase fine art prints. Visit https://printaustin.org/about-2/ for more information.
- 3M HALF MARATHON – January 20, 2019
- This event is fun whether you participate as a runner or just come to cheer the runners on! This event showcases the amazing city of Austin. At the finish line, enjoy live music and fantastic foods trucks!
“http://www.theswoonevent.com/,” The Swoon Event.
“http://www.mlkcelebration.com/celebration-events/march-and-festival/ ,” MLK Celebration.
“https://printaustin.org/about-2/,” Print Austin.
“http://3mhalfmarathon.com/,” 3M Half Marathon.