Austin is unique among large cities in that the city of Austin is quite large and spread out. One of the easiest ways for locals to describe different areas around the city is by neighborhood name. Austin has a broad variety of neighborhoods with different settings, vibes and proximity to downtown Austin. According to an article from Austin Relocation Guide, here are the top 10 popular neighborhoods in Austin.
- Rollingwood: Known for it’s charming 1950’s-style homes, fantastic parks, community events and the exceptional Eanes Independent School District, Rollingwood is located just minutes from Downtown Austin and is convenient to Loop 1 (Mopac) and Bee Cave Road.
- Barton Hills: This beautiful neighborhood has a fantastic location just minutes from Downtown Austin and is close to Zilker Park. This well established neighborhood has homes from as early as the 1930’s, along with a mix of new construction mixed in. Close to so much including Lady Bird Lake, restaurants and shopping, this neighborhood is highly sought after and established residents are happy to stay put.
- Tarrytown: Located within 3 miles of Downtown Austin, this stunning neighborhood is located just west of Mopac and north of Lake Austin. Featuring established trees, quiet streets, excellent schools and so much more. It’s no wonder people are clamoring to live in Tarrytown!
- Allandale: Located in Central Austin, Allandale is an established community with larger lots, mature trees and a traditional neighborhood feel. The location is great as well, located only minutes from Downtown Austin, shopping, restaurants and parks.
- Mueller: Located in East Austin, this development is much newer than most on this list, as the first homes were completed in 2007 at the site of the old Austin Airport. Mueller was designed as a walkable community of parks, shopping, services, and neighborhood centers. The neighborhood features a mix of lofts, houses, townhouses, and apartments that make the area attractive to many different buyers and renters.
- West Lake Hills: Known predominantly for stunning luxury homes, proximity to Downtown Austin and local highways and gorgeous landscape and views, West Lake Hills is also in the stellar Eanes Independent School District. This exclusive neighborhood offers easy access to virtually anywhere in the city, along with close proximity to shopping, restaurants and more.
- Lakeway: Lakeway is located right on the shores of Lake Austin and has grown considerably in recent years. Beautiful landscape, outstanding Lake Travis Independent School District, access to a variety of restaurants, shopping and activities.
- Avery Ranch: Located about 20 miles north of downtown, Avery Ranch is a large master-planned community. Homes here are some of the most affordable in the greater Austin-area and amenities include the Avery Ranch Golf Club, tennis courts, a 60-acre lake, and more.
- Circle C Ranch: Featuring over 4,000 homes and located in Southwest Austin, Circle C Ranch offers stunning homes with access to tons of community amenities including community pools, trails, bike-friendly roads, businesses, shopping and restaurants. Circle C Ranch is conveniently located along Mopac and Escarpment Blvd.
- Old West Austin: Development in this neighborhood began in 1886 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Old West Austin residents have access to local restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, and Lady Bird Lake Trail borders the entire south side of the community.
“http://www.austinrelocationguide.com/Top-10-Popular-Austin-Neighborhoods/,” Austin Relocation Guide.